Amsterdam has a long history as a successful business hub and leading centre of trade. The city offers a wide network of internationally orientated service providers, which provides companies with a competitive edge. This is why you should expand your business to Amsterdam:
- Gateway to Europe (Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Port of Amsterdam)
- A connected city (Amsterdam Internet Hub AMS-IX)
- International corporate headquarters (5th most competitive economy)
- Startup hotspot (second on the European Digital City Index)
- Diverse multilingual population and the best talent
For a more elaborate list go to the website of Amsterdam Marketing.
There are several organisations that can assist you with international trade here in Amsterdam, such as bilateral chambers of commerce, relevant foreign embassies, or commercial consultants. For example, in the same building as us you will find:
- Dutch Chamber of Commerce in Amsterdam,
- Swedish Chamber of Commerce,
- Italian Chamber of Commerce, and
- Amsterdam Marketing
There are also several Dutch governmental agencies and initiatives designed to provide information and assistance for companies who wants to expand into the Netherlands. For example, Holland Trade and Invest are listing the top 10 economic facts for why you should invest and become an active part of the large Dutch economy.
The Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency (NFIA), an operational unit of the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs, is designed to provide assistance for foreign businesses expanding operations to the Netherlands.
StartupDelta exists as a public-private initiative with the purpose of strengthening and growing the startup- and scaleup eco-system of the Netherlands.